Saturday, May 12, 2007

SHE'S IN!

I can’t believe I forgot to post this!

Joan has been in our evening yoga classes all week.

Her name, as it turns out, is Joan….the woman I wrote about last week…the one watching us practice through the door. The woman in the mumu, on the ‘rascal’.

She parks (quite literally) in the back of the room and does just the arm movements of each posture from a seated position.

At first everyone applauded her entrance and exit. Now, though, it seems the entire room starts applauding every time Joan converts oxygen into carbon dioxide. The clapping is a little over the top. I suspect Joan agrees and is back there thinking, “enough already…no more applause…I’m not that pathetic….Good God people, its just a motorized scooter, not a coffin.”

I could see her behind me in the mirror tonight.
We were doing that posture in the floor series--the one where you lift off your stomach, arms and legs in the air, as if you were flying.
And I see Joan over my shoulder…her eyes focused steadily into the middle distance…arms lifting up and above her head.
Flying in her mumu.
Flying on her rascal.

So sweet.
Right?

1 comment:

Spring said...

This one made me smile!